How to choose a hospice?
Medicare has a very firm criteria that Medi-cal and private insurances follow to establish hospice eligibility.
- The patient has a terminal illness with a life expectancy of six months or less. This applies to all illnesses.
- Comfort care and symptom management become the primary focus.
- Curative treatment is no longer the patient/family choice or option.
Who pays for hospice?
Hospice is a service covered under Medicare and Medi-cal, the Veterans Administration and most private insurances. EZ Comfort Hospice Care does not charge a
deductible or co-pay.
EZ Comfort Hospice Care will help you determine your eligibility under a plan, and will handle the admission and qualification paperwork.
How long does it take to get service once we decide on hospice?
EZ Comfort Hospice Care will admit to service at your schedule. We can typically admit the same day as the referral.
Why choose EZ Comfort Hospice Care?
- We believe that patient and family come first.
- We have a team that understands the unique needs of hospice patients.
- We take the time needed with our patients and their families to promote the emotional bonds and trust that occurs between them and their hospice team.
- We are licensed by the California State Department of Health.
- We are Medicare/Medi-Cal certified.
- We are accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Our compliance with the National Safety Compliance Goals was validated by The Joint Commission in 2017.